A Match 1-4 with a-d.
|1.||back up||a)||the light|
|2||bring out||b)||important files|
|3.||switch off||c)||of college|
|4.||drop out||d)||a new magazine|
B Fill in the missing phrasal verbs.
|set up||cut in||play up|
- The driver … sharply after overtaking the lorry.
- My computer is … .
- Do you know who … the company?
C Reread using phrasal verbs.
|pull up||come up with||shut down|
- No one managed to think up any new ideas.
- Do you think the factory will close?
- The taxi came to a stop outside the station.
A Match the idioms with their meanings.
|1.||touch and go||a)||unsure|
|2.||on the cards||b)||get married|
|3.||tie the knot||c)||try|
|4.||have a go||d)||likely|
B Complete the idioms.
- We’ll have to start again from … .
- Some people can memorize phrases just … .
- A golden … of learning is to practise regularly.
- It’s a safe … that I’ll forget some of these idioms.
- I couldn’t swim at the beginning of the course but now I’m getting … .