A Match 1-3 with a-c.
|2||get away from||b)||leave the ground (plane)|
B Fill in the missing phrasal verbs.
|look forward to||pop in||put on|
1. Could you … and see your mother on the way home?
2. We’re really … the summer holidays.
3. It’s cold, so … a warm jumper.
C Reread using these phrasal verbs.
|pick up||die for||touch down||eat out|
1. I would really love a cup of tea!
2. Don’t forget to go and fetch the tickets.
3. We often have meals at restaurants.
4. Their plane landed at 2.30.
A Match the idioms with their meanings.
|1.||below the belt||a)||ignore it|
|2.||up in arms||b)||unfair, cruel|
|3.||turn a blind eye||c)||protesting|
B Complete the idioms.
1. Powerful people can get things by pulling … .
2. The plan got the thumbs … from the director.
3. The country has a king, but he doesn’t call … .
4. A friendly greeting helps to break … .