A Match 1-3 with a-c.
|1.||I’m snowed under||a)||this form.|
|2||Please fill in||b)||this complaint.|
|3.||Please deal with||c)||with work.|
B Fill in the missing phrasal verbs.
|check in||cut out for||give up|
- Some people are not really … marriage.
- When do we …?
- It’s really hard to … eating meat.
C Are these true or false?
- Big companies sometimes take over smaller ones.
- Most people would be happy if they were laid off.
- Successful factories don’t usually close down.
- Bosses prefer workers who don’t fit in.
A Match the idioms with their meanings.
|1.||piece of cake||a)||go faster|
|2.||take your time||b)||easy|
|3.||step on it||c)||don’t hurry|
|4.||miss the boat||d)||be too late|
B Complete the idioms.
- The police caught the thief red … .
- The campaign has started, and the gloves … .
- We made a mistake and scored … .
- The doctor said, ‘These pills will do …’.