A Match 1-4 with a-d.
|1.||come down||a)||deposit (money)|
|2||pay in||b)||save (money)|
|3.||put aside||c)||manage financially|
|4.||get by||d)||be reduced (e.g. prices)|
B Fill in the missing phrasal verbs.
|go with||splash out||take in|
- He was lying but I believed everything he said. He really … me … .
- Do you think these shoes … my skirt?
- They really … on their daughter’s wedding.
C Are these true or false?
- People don’t usually like coming into money.
- Some people are put off by the smell of garlic.
- You can easily run up a big debt with a credit card.
A Match the idioms with their meanings.
|1.||two-time||a)||reveal a secret|
|2.||spill the beans||b)||be unfaithful|
|3.||You’re telling me.||c)||teasing me|
|4.||pulling my leg||d)||I know that|
B Complete the idioms.
- Look! A spider behind you! – Pull … .
- What’s the secret? – That would … .
- This is difficult. – You can … .
- It tastes like a Bordeaux. – You’ve hit … .