A Match 1-3 with a-c.
|1.||go down with||a)||become ill with (a disease)|
|2||pass out||b)||install (e.g. central heating)|
B Fill in the missing phrasal verbs.
|cut up||burn down||go out with|
- Our hotel … .
- How long has Jill been … Andrew?
- Helen was really … when her cat died.
C Reread with phrasal verbs.
|finish with||burn down||walk out (on)||stick by|
- Our house was destroyed by fire when we were on holiday.
- Friends should support each other.
- Tom has ended his relationship with Julie.
- How could he leave his wife and two children?
A Match the idioms with their meanings.
|1.||no way||a)||share costs|
|2.||go steady||b)||definitely not|
|3.||he’s history||c)||in a regular relationship|
|4.||go Dutch||d)||in the past|
B Complete the idioms.
- As soon as they met it was love … .
- He took out a ring and popped … .
- Some people plan, others play it … .
- He’s in love and only has … for her.